You can experience our state of the art instrumentation and care 24/7.
The Granite Falls Health Laboratory provides diagnostic laboratory services to the residents of the surrounding area, local nursing homes, assisted livings, and to the patients of Affiliated Community Medical Center and Granite Falls Health. Our department is staffed by skilled technicians who are under the medical direction of a board-certified pathologist.
Our laboratory is accredited by COLA, a national healthcare accreditation organization. Accreditation is given only to laboratories that apply rigid standards of quality in day-to-day operations, demonstrate continued accuracy in the performance of proficiency testing, and pass a rigorous, biannual, on-site laboratory survey.
These tests can identify viral or bacterial infections, low blood volumes, or it can monitor these levels if a patient is on certain medications and\or treatments. We also do Coagulation testing in the Hematology area which helps monitor blood clotting times.
CHEMISTRY AND IMMUNOASSAY
We measure many different tests off of plasma, serum, or urine samples. We can test for kidney and liver function, heart or muscle damage, and numerous other medical conditions.
We can test a person’s blood type, cross-match blood to give a patient life-saving blood products, as well as other critical testing.
We can determine if there is an infection of the urinary tract or monitor kidney function by looking for blood or bacteria in the urine specimen. We can also test for pregnancy or drug usage in this area.
Tests specimens to isolate infecting agents such as bacteria, fungus, molds and parasites; exposes infectious agents to a variety of antibiotics to determine effective drugs for treatment.
Direct Lab Access – Starts November 13, 2017
Direct Lab Access is a quick and inexpensive way for you to do lab tests without a healthcare provider’s order. If you do not have health insurance, or if you have high insurance deductibles and co-pays, you may find Direct Lab Access to be an affordable way to get the information you need.
What Direct Lab Access Involves
- Available to the public from 7:30am-5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Go directly to the Granite Falls Health Lab located in the Hospital. No need to register at the front desk.
- Your health insurance will not be billed.
- All tests must be paid for by cash or check before your specimen is collected.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Samples will be tested at the Granite Falls Health lab.
- Results will be mailed to the address provided by you on the Direct Lab Access form.
- If you have a concern, please contact your healthcare provider. Lab is unable to provide treatment advice.
Click here for more information on Direct Lab Access, including lab test pricing.