Bringing a new life into the world is a unique and fulfilling experience. There is so much to share – the anticipation, excitement, and joy of welcoming your special delivery.
Our experienced birthing staff assists families with a positive birth experience. The physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists are certified by the Comprehensive Advanced Life Support (CALS) and Advanced Life Support and Obstetrics (ALSO) programs. Lab, radiology, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, and surgery are nearby for almost any OB need.
You and your family can start baby’s life in a luxurious, comfortable environment where you can take advantage of the latest birthing techniques for labor and delivery.
You may select a private birthing room that’s spacious enough for your family to join you for this amazing experience. You might also enjoy spa services as you rest, recover and get to know your new little one. And while you and your baby stay with us, you’re protected by our high-tech security systems.
Everything you need for a great experience:
- Expectant Parent Classes
- Homelike Surroundings
- Emphasis on the Mother’s Comfort during Labor and Delivery
- Birthing Beds
- A Personal Nurse who follows Mom’s Progress and Assists the Physician
- Encouragement for Father Participation, including Cesarean Births
- Newborn Safety is a Top Priority
- Rooming-in Encouraged
- Patient Education and Help, including Maternal/Newborn Home Care available for each new mom
OB/GYN services are offered once a month at the Granite Falls Health Clinic (Avera Affiliate) by Dr. Lauren O’Brien.