The condition of your feet says a lot about your overall health and often alerts you or your doctor to signs of circulatory disorders, diabetes, arthritis or other diseases.
Talk with a podiatrist if you or your family members experience conditions such as:
- Arch problems or flatfoot
- Arthritis and related disorders
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Reiter’s syndrome (reactive arthritis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Athlete’s foot or itchy feet
- Diabetic foot problems, including diabetic ulcers and neuropathy
- Foot pain and problems including bunions, hammer toes, heel spurs, blisters, spasms, corns, calluses or neuromas
- Fractures of toes, foot or ankle
- Ingrown toenails, toenail fungus, discolored toenails or spoon-shaped toenails
- Plantar fasciitis or plantar warts
- Sprains and tissue injuries
- Ligament problems of the foot or ankle
- Hammer Toes
Your podiatrist will also work with our therapy departments to coordinate care of issues that might respond well to therapy techniques.
If you are in need of routine foot care, including toe nail trimming or callus shaving, your podiatrist can help you with that as well.
Dr. Kevin Mahoney offers podiatry services once a month at the Granite Falls Health Clinic (Avera Affiliate).
Dr. Fred Altamirano provides diabetic foot care and nail care during normal clinic hours.
Call 320-564-6200 to make your podiatry appointment.